REST Web Services in NetSuite 2020 Release 1
In this blog of NetSuite Training and NetSuite Support we come up with REST , In 2020 NetSuite is available for REST web services that enable external applications to securely integrate with NetSuite, and includes support for custom records, expanded CRUD (Create, Read, Update Delete) operations, record collection filtering, and executable Record Actions.
As a netsuite solution provider we want to introduce about REST in this netsuite training blog
Representational state transfer is a software architectural style that defines a set of constraints to be used for creating Web services. Web services that conform to the REST architectural style, called RESTful Web services, provide interoperability between computer systems on the Internet.
The REST API consists of a dynamic schema that is described by the metadata catalog.
The metadata catalog serves as the API schema defining the contract, similarly to WSDL and XSD files in SOAP web services.
Using metadata information, in NetSuite training you can:
- Get an overview of all available record types
- Get an overview of the structure of a record type
- Get an overview of searchable fields
- Get an overview of supported HTTP methods and query parameters
- Automatically generate client code, for example, API client libraries or client stubs.
The metadata catalog for the beta version describes the following properties of the REST API:
- Names of records, fields, sublists, and subrecords
- Field types
- Reference fields and the referenced record types
- Enum fields and their available internal values
- Searchability of records, fields, sublists, and subrecords
Reference : netsuite.com, netsuite help and netsuite guide.
contact us at: Email : firstname.lastname@example.org